Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Aerospace and Satellite (A&S) Professional Services team helps enterprise space customers rapidly realize business value by adopting cloud technology. This customer domain includes companies and organizations that are involved with space exploration, satellite manufacturing, space launch, space communications, space operations, and use of space-collected data. Space is really cool and you’ll be part of a team supporting customers that are out of this world!
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to support our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel (up to 25%) to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, with access to a major airport required for travel purposes.
This position requires the candidate selected be a US citizen because it provides services under a federal government contract with clearance requirements. This position is limited to individuals who can obtain and maintain the federal government clearance required by the contract.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead teams that include Amazonians, partners, and customers to build & deploy cloud-based solutions for customers
• Lead internal builder projects
• Become a technical resource by earning the trust of customer executive stakeholders
• Develop high-quality technical content such as automation tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help our consultants, partners, and customers build on the work we deliver.
• Innovate on behalf of customers; translate your thoughts into action yielding measurable results.
• Mentor & invest in the development team members
• The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality solutions in environments where priorities shift fast. If you’re looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great solutions for customers, then we would like to talk to you.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work. You are a partner for the AWS Account, Support, and Service teams to convey customer and partner feedback and lessons learned to improve AWS products and service offerings.
• 10 years design/implementation/consulting IT experience
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization solutions
• Progressive programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, C#, C++
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math or related field
• Experience in the space domain in one or more areas: mission planning, architectures, launch and early orbit operations, mission control center and spacecraft operations, constellation management, satellite communications, emergency operations, and mission data processing and distribution
• 3+ years cloud experience
• AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer – Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate Level. Professional level AWS certifications desired.
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
• Demonstrated experience in customer-facing roles advising and counseling on HPC-related efforts
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.