Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Device Brand Studio, an internal agency within the Devices group at Amazon, is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and passionate Motion Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an After Effects and Cinema 4D generalist with experience in VFX and compositing. Additionally, this individual will possess a strong set of design and taste-making skills that can help elevate the Amazon brand and customer experience and will be able to work side by side with other artists, lead teams, and work on solo projects with appropriate involvement from Creative Directors.
Key job responsibilities
• Concept visuals to accompany written scripts
• Create visually stunning and compelling style frames
• Ability to drive projects in line with Creative Director’s vision, as both an individual contributor and team leader.
• Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present to Business Partners on a regular basis.
• Ability to mentor and teach younger artists, as well as help refine techniques and processes.
• Model, Light, Texture, and Render objects and animations
• Composite 3D render passes for delivery
• Animate a variety of styles and techniques in 2D
• Rotoscope, Paint, and cleanup for VFX on broadcast spots
• Navigate ambiguity to drive the design cycle and multitask in a fast-paced environment
A day in the life
As Part of the Brand Studio team, you’ll be working on visual identity and brand expression systems that inform the end-to-end customer experience for new Amazon devices and programs from launch announcements, to branded first-device-power-on experiences, to the creation and production of compelling storytelling assets such as new product and program brand anthem and launch videos. If you are passionate about design and motion, customer-focused media messaging, and collaborating with a global team of talented artists and marketing managers, we want to talk with you.
About the team
Our team is a collection of highly-talented designers, animators, and video editors that collaborate on projects or work autonomously based on the job at hand. We are a tightly-knit group that supports one another’s career growth within a culture of camaraderie.
Though the team is primarily located in Seattle, WA, we are open to staffing this position in the SF Bay area, Los Angeles, CA, San Diego, CA, Arlington, VA, Austin, TX, Boston, MA or Denver, CO.
• An online portfolio that demonstrates strong visual design skills, as well as 2D and 3D motion design capability
• 6 + Years of experience in motion design studios, ad agencies, or creative studios
• Advanced experience in Cinema 4D
• Expert level experience in Adobe After Effects
• Experience in the rest of Adobe Production Suite (Premiere, Audition, etc.)
• Ability to think both conceptually and technically for concepts from conception to execution and delivery
• Advanced experience in Cinema 4D
• Ability to multitask and handle lots of moving variables and pieces across collaborative projects and timelines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to think both conceptually and technically for concepts from conception to execution and delivery
• Bachelor’s degree in Design and animation or related field
• Familiarity with particle systems (Thinking Particles, X-Particles)
• Experience in Cinema 4D and available render engines. Cinema 4D is our main creation tool for all CG content. Along with that, the candidate should be familiar with render engines such as Redshift and Octane Render.
• Well-versed with technical terms, technologies, and hardware related to 3D and 2D motion design and rendering.
• Experience with device rendering and CG animation for product launches.
• Basic experience with Octane Render for Cinema 4D
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.