Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The eBook industry is in its early stages and is evolving rapidly. We are looking for excellent software engineers to join us in consistently improving our customer experience towards our goal of “Every book, ever written, in any language, all available in less than 60 seconds.”
The Kindle Store team builds and operates the Kindle books shopping experience across platforms around the world. This includes the shopping experience on the retail website, all e-ink and Kindle Fire devices and Kindle reading apps. Our charter is to build a store that makes it easy for customers to find content that is relevant to them.
Responsibilities as an SDET II
Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
Create/ maintain Tools that help the wider organisation in developer experience improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent software experience.
• 5+ year experience as a developer, or as an SDET.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL
• Ability to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge Object Oriented Design & Programming Techniques
• Experience with open source test tools.
• API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks.
• Familiar with the Eclipse IDE.
Required Soft Skills
• Big picture: solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
• Proactive: You display energy and initiative in solving problems. You follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
• Adaptable: You undertake a variety of tasks willingly. You switch from complex to routine tasks when required. You adapt quickly to new technologies and products. You work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
• Handling stress: Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicates effectively with a wide array of individuals at Amazon, and gets the right things done.
• Quality: You demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness.
• Integrity: You act with personal integrity at all times.
• Professional: You work within your team’s process. You confront problems (even when outside your own domain), propose solutions, take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. You have a positive, can-do approach to work.