Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The mission of the Small Business Credit Card (SBCC) team is to deliver exceptional value to Amazon’s small business customers every time they use their card on or off-Amazon. We build features, models and experiences that delight prospects and existing customers through savings, perks and benefits; executing at scale and with automation.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to lead our US Small Business Credit Card product roadmap. They will oversee portfolio-wide prioritization with direct ownership of the application experience and high-value engagement with existing card members. You will be responsible for:
- Owning the long-term roadmap, corresponding execution and building a prioritization framework at scale
- Defining the product vision, animating that vision for stakeholders, and making that vision a reality
- Owning end to end programs within Personalization, Underwriting, and Onboarding; delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- Constructing mechanisms to ensure customer feedback is understood and incorporated
- Being a learner. Building and sharing expertise in your subject matter areas through interactions across the Payments organization
The role is a leader on the team and will be responsible for implementing product development best-practices to ensure critical prioritization and scalable, high-quality deliverables across the team. The successful candidate will be insatiably inquisitive about our customer experience and connect that experience with cutting-edge technical solutions to address customer-facing problems and opportunities. Experimentation is at the heart of our culture, and we develop each of our programs through a deep test-and-learn roadmap. You will be a strategic leader for the org, defining and managing product roadmaps in areas of high complexity for one or more engineering teams. The role is inherently cross-functional as you will work closely with engineering, marketing, UX, data science, program management and legal to deliver products that enhance the customer experience.
Key job responsibilities
You will own the product roadmap for the card program, aligning internal stakeholders and teams around a justified, multi-year investment path. This will include working closely with external partners, ensuring interests remain mutually aligned where needed. Along with setting strategy, you will be chartered with building and maintaining a high-quality operating environment, instilling scalable, product-development best practices that result in successful, cross-functional launches where participating teams are proud of the work being done on behalf of our customers.
A day in the life
This role will split their time across prioritizing/evangelizing the roadmap, maintaining healthy operational alignment with external partners and driving a culture of learning and improvement across all job functions responsible for delivering on upcoming investments.
About the team
Our team is focused on making a working capital solution simpler, seamless and more rewarding for the business customers we serve. We do this through our co-branded credit card offering, building experiences that leverage the core pillars of Amazon’s Customer Experience for small businesses.
- 10+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
- 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience with product cycles of 6+ months
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Experience leading other teams without formal reporting lines
- Experience with machine learning technologies and statistics
- A proven track record of building new, innovative, and engaging customer experiences informed by customer data from various sources (market research, internal data bases, A/B testing, user research)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
- Experience working globally, for a global customer base
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.