Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across the Travel, Transportation & Logistics (TT&L) industry in Germany? Do you have the industry background, functional and technical understanding of TT&L customer’s business priorities and operations, and the communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leader in the industry leveraging AWS Solutions and Services for TT&L?
At AWS, we’re hiring a Senior Industry Consultant – Travel, Transportation & Logistics to lead transformational engagements with our TT&L customers in Germany. You will develop authentic customer relationships at executive level with line-of business and IT stakeholders. You will use your customer understanding and industry insights to conceptualize and execute high-impact engagements to address major customer challenges with AWS Solutions and Services. You will lead programs to generate tangible business outcomes which will support our customers to succeed in an evolving industry.
Position can be based in Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich.
Key job responsibilities
• Advisory – Understand Travel & Transportation industry trends, customer business drivers and strategies to develop cloud strategies, adoption roadmaps, and operating models with KPIs to monitor benefits realization
• Relationship – Ensure we deliver a superior customer experience and build long-term trusted client relationships with line-of-business and IT executives enabling mutual long-term success
• Delivery – Define and plan out engagements, deliver executive briefings, and take responsibility for the engagement’s success; provide consulting and technical expertise as appropriate
• Pre-Sales – Lead pre-sales discussions to understand customer’s functional requirements deeply. Work across AWS and partners to formulate and shape strategies to accelerate customer outcomes including AWS Professional Services proposals
• Organizational Development Work across AWS, Partners, and customers to define and enhance industry-specific solutions
About the team
An ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience in working with TT&L customers at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies and customer use cases. Pulling from deep understanding of TT&L industry trends, business priorities and operations of key players, you have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about their business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. You are a curious learner looking for challenges and growth.
• Multi-year experience within Travel, Transportation & Logistics industry, with a broad understanding of common business, current and emerging digital solutions, and future opportunities
• Thought leader with multi-year executive presence and credibility with consulting skills and proven project delivery experience on Business and IT Transformation engagements
• Solid and relevant domain knowledge of systems, application and technology provider landscape in Travel, Transportation & Logistics
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to orchestrate effectively across organizations and partners to deliver results
• Travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed
• Public track record of sharing perspectives on Travel, Transportation & Logistics industry trends and key players
• Experience leading the delivery of enterprise-level business/digital/IT transformations in a major business consultancy role
• Hands-on skills and experience in cloud, IT infrastructure, IT operations, business applications
• Understanding of cloud technologies (e.g., IoT, AI/ML, data & analytics) and how those can be leveraged to address key Travel, Transportation & Logistics challenges
• Experience in new ways of delivering and operating solutions (e.g., Agile, Design Thinking, DevOps)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.