Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 is the original creator of the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We have a unique position for an experienced program manager in the Fire TV team who excels in structured management of tasks and creates new or improved processes that are key enablers for our products.
We’re looking for the person to help us continually rethink how to do these things in a highly data-centric, seamless and elegant fashion. In this role, you’ll work across many groups and get broad exposure to the entire business. From software engineering to sales, product marketing to customer service, from hardware engineering to operating system, and the myriad teams throughout Amazon that are writing code for user experiences on the devices. We sit at the center of the product and have incredible breadth of impact and opportunity. At the same time, in the midst of this big organization you will get the opportunity to have true ownership and effect real change to the product and the business.
And while the challenges are big and the pace fast, we have fun while we’re at it. It’s a high-energy, good-natured, and supportive environment. If you think you have what it takes to help change the world, then apply to join our team, and Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History at Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
Drive large scale programs with cross functional and global teams to deliver and sustain FireTV devices for millions of customers world wide.
Formulate, evaluate, recommend and implement process solutions to business problems that help us scale.
Own product allocations across teams for the product line and manage against budget and technical needs.
Execute product onboarding to enable engineering teams to move faster. Validate that task have been executed as designed by functional verification.
Align cross functional teams on product capabilities, timelines, and engineering readiness.
Execute mini-feedback programs for our products.
Be a subject matter expert on the domains they own and help address or troubleshoot issues.
Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, schedule, and cost
Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic goals.
Enable global scale by continually invent and improve lightweight processes
Executive and program level status and risk reporting
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture: We embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance: Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship and Career Growth: Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded leader and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 5+ of program management experience for large consumer devices
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with data analysis using SQL and/or Excel
- Experience managing hardware/software product releases
- Expertise in tools Jira/Confluence, Sharepoint, and common Engr Program management tools
- Experience in solving large scale ambiguous problems in a sustainable manner
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proven success in creating and maintaining programs in a high growth, high ambiguity environment.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- A passion for digital video and/or media with a background working on televisions and/or set top boxes with experience in different regulatory environments.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.