Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Our vision is to protect customers from potentially unsafe or non-compliant products. The Product Safety team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to manage global launches of product and food safety initiatives. This role is responsible for creating and driving a roadmap of controls across business, legal, compliance, tech, and other cross-functional teams. This role owns prioritization decisions and launch timelines and is responsible for generating success metrics and reporting them to leadership.
Key job responsibilities
-Drive ingestion of compliance needs, design initiatives and prioritize resources according to risk
-Convert team knowledge into scalable standard operating procedures, establish swim lanes across a diversifying and quickly-changing organization, and reduce complex workflows to aligned RACIs and approval mechanisms.
–Manage global launches of food and product safety initiatives end-to-end
–Design success metrics, establish data pipelines and report out on progress, obstacles, and path to resolution to cross-functional leadership
A day in the life
The Senior Program Manager is the driver of Amazon’s compliance programs for food and products. The role works across multiple global stakeholders, including operations and tech, to drive a large portfolio of key deliverables that are tracked at an executive level.
About the team
The Product Safety team is charged with protecting Amazon customers. Our customers trust us to ensure the safety of the products we sell and to provide a safe shopping environment for them and their families.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years’ compliance program management, legal, governance, audit, risk/loss prevention, or related experience
• Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements
• 7+ years’ experience in program management
• Experience managing risk mitigation programs for food or product safety
• Deep expertise in process improvement and operational excellence
• Collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team and dynamic corporate culture
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Demonstrated ability to make high-judgement decisions under pressure
• Exceptional written skills and a passion for communicating risk assessment/processes in writing and orally
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.