Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to architect and develop new tools and software to help AWS customers implement the cloud-enabled solutions of tomorrow? Do you enjoy mission-driven development, building awesome software, solving incredible technical challenges, and integrating across a wide variety of AWS services? Then this opportunity is for you!
AWS Professional Services is looking for System Development Engineers to join the AWS Remote Consulting Services team. This is an exciting new capability within AWS Professional Services that focuses on software engineering and automation consulting. This team will engage with AWS customers to write code in multiple environments, migrate applications, modernize applications and instill DevOps solutions into mission critical customers. The AWS Remote Consulting Services team supports existing practices by providing deep technical expertise on AWS services along with proven software development skills in both object oriented and scripting languages. Our consultants will be responsible for migrating legacy applications, developing automation, developing new applications, and updating applications to run on the AWS Cloud.
Our Systems Development Engineers spend time:
Defining and developing new solutions to solve technically complex cloud issues for our customers.
Writing code in customer environments.
Building, maintaining, and deploying CI/CD solutions into customer environments
Modernize existing applications by updating codebases to utilize AWS services.
Migrate customer applications to the AWS Cloud.
Assist customer developers with software integration with the AWS Cloud.
Work with customer stakeholders to identify dependencies, constraints, and resources that can be moved into AWS.
Work with partners to ensure successful outcome from our engagements.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and is able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience working in start-up mode building new products and services from the ground up.
• Ability to work with teams diverse in culture, background, and location. Experience in Systems and Infrastructure Administration, DevOps.
• Experience with AWS technologies Experience building tools for automation (building, testing, releasing and/or monitoring).
• A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, preferably including hands-on experience with load balancers, switches, routers, etc.
• Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling, systems testing, and enterprise application integration Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems Experience creating, reviewing, and refining design and architecture documents presented by partner teams for operational readiness, fault tolerance and scalability
• Experience developing or furthering existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems.
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services Experience with front-end development: React (or Angular), design, UI/UX, CSS/Bootstrap Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithm design, complexity analysis & operating system concepts. Candidates have strong writing and verbal communication skills.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $108,900 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.