Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Come build the future with us!
With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
The Retail team is looking for a talented, smart, experienced and entrepreneurial Senior Category Manager for our Grocery category, to help us build an exceptional and authoritative destination.
Joining the Amazon Retail team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group who set a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment. The Senior Category Manager will be primarily responsible for negotiating direct relationships with key brands, negotiating competitive business terms, driving product and brand selection.
We expect the Senior Category Manager to be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven ability to negotiate complex business terms, develop and manage relationships, drive results and demonstrate competency with business and financial analytics. The Senior Category Manager must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, a high level of flexibility and commitment.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Manage vendor relationships, manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Maximize Amazon’s long-term business profitability
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
For this position, we expect:
- University degree in a business relevant field
- Experience with P&L responsibility
- Experience with vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, consulting and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
- Demonstrated data-driven decision making or quantitative analysis skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent English and German written and verbal communication skills
Further qualifications would be a plus:
- Proficient in Excel and SQL
- Experience leading complex projects through multiple life cycles
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Ability to estimate project cost and return on investment
- High attention to detail, comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
Curious to learn more? Here are some videos with first hand experience of what a vendor manager does:
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.