Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking an Immigration Specialist with experience in US immigration and a track record of delivering high-quality work at high-volume. This role will process petitions in support of Amazon’s high-volume H-1B program providing end-to-end H-1B support to Amazonians, which includes extensions, change of employer and amendments. This role will be accountable for managing their workload to achieve targeted business metrics across productivity, quality and service. This role will apply communication, listening and organization skills to manage multiple responsibilities and meet the highest standards when it comes to customer service and quality of work.
Key job responsibilities
• Process a high-volume of H-1B cases coordinating across teams to deliver final petitions according to established metrics.
• Manage all assigned cases through case management system monitoring current status, next steps and deadlines to deliver a high-quality customer experience.
• Contribute to ongoing team training and development by improving SOPs, best practices and other learning resources
• Continually identify areas of redundancy or non-value add to ensure process and procedure optimization
• Collaborate with team members across Immigration team to improve standardized documents and communications
• Review processes and identify and investigate process gaps and recommend solutions
• Manage end-to-end details of continuous improvement projects
• Provide training and guidance on processes, and systems to team members
About the team
The immigration team at Amazon is a group of project managers, analysts, and experienced immigration subject matter experts who act as strategic partners and consultants to business leaders and partner support teams. The team centrally manages global immigration filings and the vendors that support Amazon, and delivers projects to improve cost, quality, policy, compliance, and experience for immigration services at Amazon.
This role is onsite in Arlington-VA, no exceptions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
• 2+ years of US immigration experience within a law firm (such as a paralegal or attorney with responsibility for immigration petition preparation/filings) or in-house in an organization with a focus on high-volume H-1B programs.
• 3+ years of high-volume business immigration experience with heavy emphasis on process management, and/or continuous improvement
• Experience supporting complex issues, finding a path forward in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
• Demonstrated written and verbal communications – ability to interface with all levels of the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.