Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about blockchain and decentralized networks and their potential to transform how people, companies, and governments transact? Do you want to help define the future direction for how Amazon Web Services (AWS) will enable customers to solve problems and innovate with blockchain technology across a wide range of industries and use cases? Come join us as a Developer to work on Blockchain at AWS.
We are building services to accelerate customers’ ability to create and leverage scalable blockchain technology for current and innovative business use cases across DeFi, NFTs, Payments, Supply Chain, Financial Services, Identity, and more. The AWS Blockchain organization is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building new products and has an entrepreneurial approach to building new services for customers. The ideal candidate for this position has a proven track record of delivering outstanding products at scale and is passionate about blockchain, distributed systems, containers, cryptography, distributed ledgers, and cloud scale software. You would be a core part of defining the technical direction and culture of the team moving forward. This is a great opportunity for you to interact directly with customers and influence definition and design in an emerging space.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance.
- Focus on complex, ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives.
- Take the long term view.
- Consider where each system is at in its lifecycle and where appropriate, proactively fix architecture deficiencies.
- Make existing systems simpler (e.g. by consolidating redundant systems, deleting unnecessary code, or removing/updating out of date documentation).
- Are able to take the lead on large projects that require the work of your team.
- Know how to divide a software project into parallel work that can be performed by you and other Engineers and then reassembled successfully into a cohesive launch.
Additionally, you will get to collaborate with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry and join a fast-paced and growing team in one of the most innovative technology companies. Come join us to Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience working with blockchain frameworks such as Ethereum and the Hyperledger projects
- Very strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience designing and building highly-scaled distributed systems and web services
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems, concurrency, asynchronous architectures
- Experience working in an agile software development organization
- Experience in writing smart contracts for blockchain frameworks
- Experience building with SOA using Java on Linux
- Experience in enterprise software or cloud services
- Masters degree in Computer Science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.