- Expansion Manager, Amazon Dedicated Cloud, US Regions, Infrastructure Operations Planning Team - Herndon, VA
- Software Development Engineer, US Amazon Dedicated Cloud Security (US ADC) - Herndon, VA
- ADC Engineer , Amazon Dedicated Cloud - Herndon, VA
- Amazon Dedicated Cloud Engineer - EC2 - Herndon, VA
- Amazon Dedicated Cloud Engineer II, MAS2 US ADC - Herndon, VA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security is looking for a passionate, innovative, and motivated Security Engineer for the AWS Security Vulnerability Management team. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is job zero. Our team is responsible for inventing new security services that enable and automate security solutions at AWS’ unprecedented scale. We are data-driven, set big goals and are always challenging ourselves and each other to identify better solutions and take on new challenges.
In this role, you will be part of a team of software and security engineers solving complex security challenges that have direct and measurable impact on our customers. Our programs stretch across all of AWS, giving you the opportunity to interact with product teams, industry specialists, security partners, and organization leaders. You will build and own software solutions and solve ambiguous technical problems.
As a Security Engineer in AWS Vulnerability Management, you will:
• Work with a team of software and security engineers that design, build, and own software solutions that solve complex security challenges for AWS and our customers, using the AWS cloud.
• Work closely with AWS Security leaders and others to align team products and solution strategy with our customers’ needs. Proactively seek the voice of the customer in all you do.
• Influence the team’s product roadmap by thinking big, experimenting and innovating – without sacrificing delivery or operational excellence.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
Work with a team of software and security engineers to design, build and own scalable and resilient software solutions to solve customer’s needs
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of demonstrated experience with a focus in areas such as systems, cloud, network, and/or application security
• 2+ years of proficiency in at least 1 programming language such as Java, Python or C#
• Experience working with information security, cybersecurity, risk, compliance or governance teams
• Experience with security and GRC disciplines, technologies, and best practices
• Experience building and delivering solutions on the AWS cloud
• Experience with one or more programming languages (such as Java, C#, Python)
• Professional experience conducting security assessments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.