Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you interested in helping customers implement innovative security/cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants to help accelerate our growing cloud consulting business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
In this role, you will engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
The AWS Cloud Academy is an accelerated career development program for technical professionals who want to advance their skills and help customers design flexible and resilient cloud-based solutions. This residency program consists of a three-month development curriculum followed by three to six months of experiential learning. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the tech industry. Here are some other qualities that we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises. Expect to help our customers design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
- Are curious and have a passion for learning. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in the cloud computing industry. You will enjoy building your technical skills as you learn from top subject matter experts and industry thought leaders.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen, must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson).
For additional information or to submit your resume or a referral, please email Sarah Harvey at email@example.com.
- 1+ years design, implementation or consulting experience with distributed software applications and architectures.
- Undergraduate or graduate technical degree required in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP).
- Working knowledge of AWS services, such as Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Block Storage (EBS), and Simple Storage Service (S3).
- Demonstrated presentation skills and comfortable speaking in front of others.
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Demonstrates technical mastery of one or more AWS services.
- Able to guide and teach customers and partners on how best to apply AWS technologies in order to meet complex requirements. Proactively supports team members, as needed.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.