Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about technology and solving hard problems with data? Do you want to grow your skills as you help us grow and scale the world’s largest cloud computing service? Do you want to make history and have fun doing it? If so, Amazon Web Services Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) is looking for people just like you! EC2 is at the core of AWS services and we are growing every day to meet the demands of our business as we continue to scale.
We are looking for top engineers to join a talented, innovative team to help us monitor and drive improvements of one of the largest server fleets in the world. The team is focused on intelligent monitoring, forecasting and machine learning models to improve EC2 reliability, availability and flexibility. As a member of the EC2 team, your responsibilities would include:
• Designing and developing cutting edge highly reliable and scalable distributed systems.
• Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
• Engaging and working with customers and dependencies to ensure a quality delivery.
• Mentoring other engineers
• Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
In joining our team, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
1+ years of professional experience with hands-on software development
Experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Python, Java
Knowledge of hypervisors (such as Xen and HyperV) – Experience working with Linux operating systems
• Experience with architecting high scale systems
• Experience with developing cloud technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.