Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Our entire business work hard to delight our customers from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. We are aiming to become the most customercentric company on earth. This role supports the execution of the imports and export processes throughout the different Amazon gateways in order to ensure the on time inventory stock at the fulfillment centers in Mexico. Identify, develop and priorities initiatives that will improve the customer experience, inbound transit time, overall customs clearance cost position. Improve processes and gain efficiencies work with logistic providers to reduce manual work.
The function of this role is critical across the entire Amazon Supply Chain given the fact that part of the products sold in store at Amazon.com.mx are imported: Transit time speed of moving the inventory from a Fulfillment Center located in the US to a Fulfillment Center located in Mexico is key to provide the expected service to our customers. This role works closely with broker, courier, transportation and other logistic supplier teams in order to ensure the items be imported and delivered to our customers on time.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
At a high level, you will facilitate resolution of escalated issues from stakeholders and management, Amazonians are always hungry to improve wherever they can, in your role, you will oversee custom brokers and carriers day-to-day operations, LSP governance, monitor of main KPIs and implement gateway initiatives in line with country plans. Role is located in CDMX but with possibility of relocation to any US/MX border city such as Nuevo Laredo, Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez or US border city, Mesa de Otay or Laredo, TX. Candidate is willing to relocate if needed based on business needs and volume growth.
Some of your day-to-day duties, you will be review provider’s performance from services and cost aspects, supported with data analysis. Onboarding of new logistic providers based on yearly volume growth, ensure the custom and importation compliance by following company policies and lawful regulations. This will mean you oversee performance, carrying out any necessary examinations at weekly, monthly and annual intervals.
Other activates are manage ad hoc analysis of business KPIs and financial elements such as rate changes, on time deliveries and delivery exceptions, create metrics for service improvement for Brokers, carriers, 4PLs, etc. Ensure all items have the proper PPWK to be imported and Ensure correct inventory measurement and control.
At the more granular level, you will take the lead to plan, propose initiatives or suggestions for work improvement projects. Moreover, you work will become a subject matter expert in small parcel shipping, costing, courier shipping, returns and global cross border process from customer to customer.
Candidates should exhibit the following trait:
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically, Adept at making data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
- Demonstrated skill at building relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer mindset, experience in analytical and strategic thinking.
5+ year of experience in operations and cross border processes
Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade, Engineer, Economics or relevant field of study
Strong project management skills through a demonstrated methodology
MX>US cross border experience (manage MX Customs Brokers, Negotiate rates and control performance)
Strong customer mindset, experience in analytical and strategic thinking.
Ability to think strategically and execute methodically, Adept at making data-driven decisions.
Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
Demonstrated skill at building relationships
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good command of both spoken and written English
• MBA or Master in finance or related field 5+ year of experience in operations and cross border processes
• Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams, dive deep into details and present findings to senior management.
• Proficiency in Excell, tableau or systems SQL is a plus (macros, index, condition list, arrays, pivots, vlookups)
• Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with multi-functionals & cross border teams.