Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
About the team
Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting customers, brands, selling partners and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as providing worldclass support and building loyalty with Amazon’s millions of selling partners. The Selling Partner Risk (SPR) team within CTPS designs and implements policies, tools and technology innovations to protect customers by identifying and preventing abuse worldwide. Our growth requires highly skilled candidates who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, a tenacity to get things done, thrive in an environment of ambiguity and change, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon’s mission of being Earth’s most customer-centric company.
We are looking for an outstanding Data Engineer who is data-driven, uncompromisingly detail oriented, smart, efficient, and driven to help our business succeed. You have passion for technology. You are keen to leverage existing skills while trying new approaches. You are not tool-centric; you determine what technology works best for the problem at hand and apply it accordingly. You can explain complex concepts to your non-technical customers in simple terms.
We are moving from traditional database technologies to near real time data processing and advanced reporting services built around natural language processing and machine learning.
You will help us analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases to help business teams to make decisions. You should be motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of industry experience in Data Engineering, BI Engineer, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL, Python etc.
- Strong experience in Data Modeling, ELT Development, and Data Warehousing.
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
- Familiarity with data quality automation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.