Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries. We are reshaping the way global enterprises use information technology and we are powering the next generation of global business leaders. From start-ups to multi-national corporations and governments, more than 1 million active customers trust AWS every month as their cloud platform.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on AWS services. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are extremely smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for an Sr. Readiness Manager focused AWS Support. The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and innovative environment, and brings strong experience managing projects and programs, leading cross-functional teams, managing risk, and driving change. As an Operational Readiness Manager, you will be responsible for organizing and managing the process to ensure that the AWS Support team is ready and able to provide world class customer support for the launch of new products/services and features across all our global sites. You will collaborate cross-functionally with AWS service (product) teams, marketing, training, and our AWS Frontline Support teams to ensure that employees are trained and operationally ready for the launch of new services. You will bring strengths in continuous improvement, breakthrough thinking, and play a significant role in driving and managing the readiness of our global support team to keep pace with the launch of each new product/service.
Launch Operations ensures AWS Support engineers and agents have the training, tools, and resources to support our customers as soon as new services and features are available. This is an opportunity to work with a broad set of global stakeholders across AWS and have an impact on the experience of Support employees and AWS customers.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We’re a hybrid team who is happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
The primary responsibilities for the Sr. Readiness Manager include:
- Collaborate effectively with AWS Service teams, marketing, subject matter experts (SMEs) and others on the AWS Support team to develop technical training, knowledgebase content, and ensure completion of key operational readiness requirements for the launch of new services and features.
- Manage multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Leverage rapid, agile development techniques
- Foster strong relationships with teams across AWS, leading and influencing others effectively to achieve cross-functional alignment on goals and successful product/service launch execution
- Perform needs analyses using available data and evaluate program results to continuously improve readiness and the customer experience with support on new services and features
- Establish processes, tools, and tracking/reporting mechanisms to streamline and simplify launch preparations and readiness.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a program management role or similar along with project management and coordination experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, education, technical or related field. In lieu of degree, additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted.
- Demonstrated experience with full program lifecycle ownership, from development to launch to continuous improvement.
- Excellent project management and organization skills.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge across a broad spectrum of technologies, tools, and architecture.
- Experience aligning diverse stakeholders to manage risk and change in fast-moving environments.
- Experience with technical customer service organizations.
- Technical degree or exposure to technical organizations.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to gain support for programs and initiatives.
- Strong judgment and decision making; attention to detail and organization skill.
- Data analysis skills, with intermediate skill in data analysis software and tools (Excel, SQL, Power BI).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 157,500 – 181,125 yr.; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
AWS Support values diversity of thought and wants to grow by hiring people with a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences that allow us to continue innovating for complex problems. If you are interested in shaping the future of Amazon AWS Support organization, apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity. Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .