Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we’d like to talk to you about a role on an Amazon team within the Amazon Devices organization (Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and more) that’s tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer to join our fast paced, start-up like environment to help invent the future.
As an SDE on this team, you will work alongside Engineering (software/hardware), Product Management, UX Design, and TPMs to define and build innovative consumer product experiences. We are working with exciting technologies and solving complex problems across mobile platforms (Android and iOS). The ideal candidate will have industry-leading technical abilities and an established background developing consumer applications or service architectures.
If you are creative, customer focused, have a passion for developing great software, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing Android or iOS applications
- 3+ years of experience in coding in a modern programming language such as Java and/or C/C++
- 3+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns•
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing, releasing and maintaining an embedded system
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.