Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
What is Amazon Advertising?
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of devices (Kindles, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Alexa, mobile, Twitch, and more). We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, highly respected advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
What does Campaign Management, the hiring team, do?
The Campaign Management team within Amazon Advertising is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the growth of Amazon’s advertising business. We own multiple customer facing facets of Amazon’s Demand Side Platform (DSP), which allow brands of all sizes to buy advertising across Amazon’s ad network in a few clicks. Brands interact directly or through external Agencies/Integrators, through our website and/or programmatic APIs and get enterprise-grade access (ex. 100+ campaign controls, 150+ metrics, 15 million+ placement choices, 1000+ campaigns/customer/day).
What is the Campaign Management team looking for?
You’ll be responsible for owning, designing and delivering highly scalable systems that will be used by advertisers, agencies, and sellers on Amazon to build, manage and serve beautiful, innovative ads to highly targeted audiences. Our team works across Amazon to combine Desktop, Mobile, Kindle, Video, and Retail into our products. We’re building a full-service, full-stack advertising platform.
If I were hired, what would I be working on?
With our team you’ll get the opportunity to own major deliverables building out our applications. You’ll work with customers to scope, design, implement, test, and launch new features. You’ll be able to enjoy innovation, simplify complex problems and tackle tough challenges. Our team is continuing to grow and we need to a reexamine our existing architecture and define a bold vision for the next phase of scaling and complexity. We’re looking for you to help define and drive that vision.
Why should I join your team?
Be a part of a team that is rapidly adapting to an ever-changing digital advertising landscape. We have many new, exciting major projects on the horizon, across all parts of the tech stack, that you will play a key role in. We are constantly in touch with our customers to not only understand what they need today but predict where they’re going tomorrow and build software that can handle it all. Our customers have high expectations of Amazon and we’re ready for you to join us on the journey of exceeding those expectations and delivering products that customers love!
Impact and Career Growth:
- Have an opportunity to contribute across the full stack
- Build the next generation of Advertising platforms for Amazon
- Opportunity to grow and broaden your technical skills as you work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation
- Mentor new engineers that join our growing organization
Key job responsibilities
- Designing and developing software products that impact many areas of our business
- Define requirements, create software designs, implement code to these specifications
- Provide thorough unit and integration testing, and support products while deployed and used by our stakeholders
About the team
We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in New York City, Arlington (VA) and Toronto (Canada).
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- SQL or NoSQL experience
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design in at least one high level language (Java, Python, C++, etc)
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Dynamo)
- Sharp problem solving and design skills
- Strong sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency, and drive
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.