Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you a telecom sales or business development leader who has led successful telecom adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) programs with Tier 1 operators? Eager to learn to apply ML to a diverse array of communication and network use cases? Thrilled to be a part of Amazon who has been pioneering and shaping the world’s AI/ML technology for decades?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. The AWS Telecom Business Development team is looking for an experienced leader who is customer obsessed and technology savvy with a proven track record of successful go-to-market AI/ML or Telco data initiatives.
This is a senior role to guide customers in AI/ML and data strategy. You will help our telecom customers accelerate this journey by engaging with the customers’ business and technology stakeholders to challenge the status quo, inspire the customer to a bolder vision and increase the velocity of building data lakes and extracting value from data.
Key job responsibilities
You will strive to create alignment among customer stakeholders, address resistance to change and provide a tangible, executable vision to transition to a cloud computing model. You will operate effectively at multiple levels of the organization and can address concerns across C-suite executives, network leaders, and cloud platform teams.
You will contribute in scaling AWS telecom strategy across multiple carriers and you will be a leading voice for AWS across the region. You will leverage worldwide programs, campaigns and work closely with the wider AWS business development, product management, marketing, solutions architecture, partner and professional services teams.
A day in the life
• Maintain C-level relationships with clients, stakeholders, boardrooms, and peers becoming the “trusted advisor”.
• Lead the AWS response to data and AI/ML transformation opportunities and scale partner solutions across multiple countries and carriers.
• Guide customers to select a cloud native migration and modernization approach (ex. re-host, re-platform, re-factor, and others), and formulate an effective strategy to winning machine learning or data analytics on AWS.
• Work with telecom technology, business, and finance teams to create ROI and cash flow analyses required to justify building on AWS.
• Support, and scale telco data lakes and a strategic list of machine learning applications for telecommunications.
• Lead and work with cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight, and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact customers.
About the team
Our Geo Telco Business Development team works with our customers together with cross-functional teams based on AWS Telco industry strategic pillars to guide them through the transformational journey. We, at Amazon, are proud to be customer obsessed which means we always work backwards from customer understanding their business strategy and challenges to guide them through the challenging but exciting transformational journeys on a long term commitment to our customers.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
• 10+ years of experience in client related interactions, including executive presentations, relationship management, deal structuring and commercials negotiation, including working with partners in a consortium framework
• 10+ years of progressive, relevant experience in a senior sales or business development role leading large complex transformative products for telco markets
• Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or MBA
• Experience creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a larger transformation
• Experience with a cloud platform
• Experience in evaluating on-premise vs cloud computing models
• AWS or another Cloud certifications
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.