Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Last Mile Analytics and Quality team is seeking highly skilled and motivated program manager to assist in the tactical management and execution of Amazon’s Last Mile movements worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
An ideal candidate has a background in transportation and excellent program management skills. S/he has the ability to lead an operational team, pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• proactively monitor Address, geo code and route quality in order to identify and prevent potential last mile issues.
• Develop training programs, Own KPIs and performance improvement initiatives in Last mile Quality.
• Continual, tactical communication with Stakeholders (Stations/Ops team).
• Ability to pull data and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
• Develop performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
• Lead initiatives to identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon’s Last Mile operations.
• Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
• Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met.
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to convey updates on issues, operational status and business drivers during shift changes as needed throughout the activity cycle and during daily/weekly reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, or Engineering and 2+ years of supply chain related experience
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Management concepts (forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics)
- 2+ years’ experience of working in cross-functional programs, ideally including external and internal stakeholders
- Proficient in Excel and SQL
- Analytical tool awareness (such as R/Tableau etc)
Experience with Lean, Six Sigma analytical techniques is a plus