Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
CO Salary Range: USD 174,500.00
The Small Business Empowerment (SBE) team helps drive the success of small businesses and underserved business populations who sell products in Amazon’s store. We are seeking a highly motivated Program Manager with strong marketing and business acumen to help organize efforts to feature small businesses in Amazon’s store. This is a high visibility role in a fast-growing team that offers a great opportunity to work across many different internal and external stakeholders to support our mission to help small businesses succeed.
In this role, you will own developing the strategy, processes, and relationships necessary to help determine which small business stories (and, when necessary, which products), to feature across marketing efforts. This includes considering: who or what products should be featured, when, for how long, in what channels, at what level of detail, and, of course, why.
You will work across many different internal and external partners, especially with onsite and offsite marketing, business insights, creative teams as well as with other internal partners. Because this role involves significant coordination and management of partners, the ideal candidate excels at influencing without authority, finding areas of common ground and collaboration, concise and clear communication, setting priorities and boundaries, and setting and meeting milestones. You will need to both think strategically and also dive deep into details, and be willing and able not to just develop a strategic plan but to parse it out into manageable components, and as needed, to roll up your sleeves and execute it as well. The ideal candidate brings with them a savvy ability to marry creativity, storytelling and heart, as well as data and analytics.
The pay range for this position if working from Colorado is $174,500 $227,200 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner closely with the SBE Marketing team, Program team, and Product teams to align on priorities, support campaign development, enable campaign execution, and share insights and learnings
- Understand stakeholder requirements, goals, and motivations, and prioritize these as needed to meet team goals
- Develop, test, refine, and communicate processes and operating procedures to streamline and enhance development of small business story recommendations to internal teams
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical or operational constraints
A day in the life
On any given day, your schedule may involve tasks such as: reviewing customer trends and data; analyzing small business trends and data; working closely with creative teams to understand how products and stories will show up in marketing and understanding latest best practices of visual design elements or trends that impact campaign performance; gathering requirements from multiple internal stakeholders; brainstorming how to ensure processes are designed to go big while also being transparent and delightful; and finally, developing, executing, and refining internal processes.
About the team
Our mission is to drive small business success by connecting customers to small businesses. We do this by meeting our customers where they are at with impactful storytelling and selection that inspires and delights. Our team has a wide range of personalities and backgrounds, with expertise across product management, program management, product marketing, advertising, creative, and site marketing. Our team culture is built on service and obsession with our customer as well as a strong emphasis on collaboration, experimentation, and learning.
- 5+ years relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience managing or working within cross-functional marketing and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to capture and use various data points to develop and measure marketing programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence teams and stakeholders
- Highly detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word
- Prior experience specifically in retail, especially as a retail buyer or category manager
- Proficient in SQL; Python knowledge a plus
- Proven time management, resource management, and planning experience
- Experience in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated comfort dealing with ambiguity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.