Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems in spoken language understanding. You will have a unique opportunity to impact the customer experience, implementation of cutting-edge products, and underlying algorithms and models used every day.
The Technical Program Manager role requires working with product management and voice user interface teams to understand how user experience translates into algorithms and modeling needs, and leading cross functional teams from design through delivery, managing all related timelines. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination and project management skills are essential.
Key job responsibilities
• Own and manage how market- and language-specific customer needs translate into algorithm design and model development.
• Use your expertise in automatic speech recognition and spoken language understanding technologies to drive improvements in accuracy and end-to-end voice experience quality.
• Drive deliverables such as automatic speech recognition (ASR) and natural language understanding (NLU) models and implementation of new algorithms into production systems.
• Data-driven analytics and ability to write your own tools for driving future research directions.
• Drive consistent results and customer impact across the scientific teams.
A day in the life
• You will drive and coordinate the development of new features for the speech recognition system spanning multiple teams.
• You will own the accuracy of speech recognition systems, analyze error patterns, triage bugs, and prioritize remediation.
• You will drive automation and standardization of processes for analyzing, building, and deploying speech recognition models across products and locales.
• You will drive communication and lead meetings with customers and executives.
About the team
Alexa is the groundbreaking, cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other third-party devices designed around your voice. Our teams create the speech recognition science and technology behind Alexa. Our goal is to delight our customers by delivering the world’s best speech recognition powering the world’s best artificial intelligence. Innovation, rigorous engineering, and strong program management will make all this happen. Join us today and be part of it!
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 2+ years of technical program management experience
• Fluent/Native in Japanese.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
• Working knowledge of ASR or NLU technology
• Graduate degree in computer science, machine learning, or related field.
• Experience building processes, managing programs, and driving schedules.
• Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR).
• Experience with machine learning and large-scale data processing/analysis.
• Software product development experience including Python, C++, Java and Web services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.