Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Have you ever thought about shifting the paradigm for how companies find, buy, and use software?
Do you want to help Independent Software Vendors (ISV) transform their businesses?
AWS Marketplace (http://aws.amazon.com/marketplace) is an online store that helps customers find, buy, and immediately start using software and services that run on the AWS Cloud. Our job is to bring Amazon’s e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered and consumed in the cloud. We have a long list of new ideas just waiting to be designed and implemented.
AWS Marketplace is looking for a Senior Channel Business Development Manager to grow AWS Marketplace adoption and revenue through the channel by helping with the execution of AWS Marketplace channel programs with both ISVs and Consulting in EMEA.
Your responsibilities will include partnering with AWS Marketplace ISVs and Consulting Partners (focus in Israel) to develop training and business enablement plans, helping building, tracking and managing a pipeline of registered opportunities to closure, and onboarding new partners into AWS Marketplace Channel Programs. The successful candidate will also be responsible for driving inputs to evolve AWS Marketplace existing programs and create new benefits to build long lasting channel relationships.
Successful applicants will have a combination of business development, sales, and technical experience with ISVs, Consulting Partners, and Channel Partners, as well as a broad understanding of the software industry. You should have a track record of being a top-performing individual that is customer-centric, self-motivated, with demonstrated experience in building and executing disruptive business models.
This position has a high level of visibility, and you will need to be a strong leader, be able to communicate clearly and compellingly both in your writing and through your presentation skills.
At AWS Marketplace we are a start-up within AWS so we will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling an interesting and challenging opportunity.
Work with Channel Partners to educate them on the value of AWS Marketplace as a new channel and help them align business and technical requirements
Work with existing Channel leadership, product, business development and field organizations to define and execute joint go-to-market programs
Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., service teams, legal, support)
Engage an enable partner field organizations, channels and AWS Marketplace field enablement teams to create and drive revenue
Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS
Position AWS Marketplace for internal adoption by the partner organization
Ensure that AWS is the partner’s preferred cloud computing platform across all product lines
Help to manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a partner liaison to the legal group
Handle complex business requirements and activities which help to improve new seller and product selection
Prepare and provide business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics
Key job responsibilities
1. Earns Trust | The ability to earn trust is foundational to developing the right relationships in support of becoming a trusted advisor of the Consulting Partner, the ISV and the AWS team
2. Bias for Action | Driving: CP sign up to CPPO, enablement, adoption of the 1st 3 ISV’s solutions requires a large amount of Bias for Action, particularly in an environment where we are challenged with local seller of records in certain Countries and sometimes we need to think outside the box.
3. Deliver Results | AWS Channel MP BDMs know how to get things done and are focused leading the Channel motions to build the scaling engine to deliver outcomes.
4. Ownership | AWS MP Channel BDMs are business builders that find ways to start up and scale AWS MP in the Channel business area .
- Extensive experience of working across the software ecosystem; channels and technology companies (ISVs) in a customer, technical or partner facing role
- Strong technical and commercial understanding and knowledge of the software ecosystem
- Strong understanding and familiarity with software companies
- Strong business development and program management experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence product management, business decision makers and C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across diverse internal and external stakeholder teams
Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Understanding of cloud computing, technology trends and utility pricing models
- Consistent and demonstrable track record of success
- MBA or Graduate Degree
- Knowledge of eCommerce
- Prior experience in IT or Management Consulting firms defining and delivering transformation projects
- Experience with diverse software licensing models