Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our thriving technical community and growing business in Germany as part of the EMEA Public Sector team. You will join a friendly and supportive team, working together to bring the latest in disruptive cloud computing technologies to organisations serving our Public Sector customers, including: government agencies, state-owned companies, educational institutions, healthcare and non-profit organisations.
Our Public Sector teams help customers build a deeper understanding of hyper-scale cloud technology and application architectures, and they have the consultative and leadership skills required to drive deliver successful outcomes.
Key job responsibilities
As an AWS Solutions Architect, you will have ownership of the technical relationship with customers, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability, operational efficiency and best-practice architectures.
Internally, you will be an advocate acting on behalf of the customer to help drive continual improvements to the AWS platform, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features and services. You will also help shape the future of the Solutions Architecture organisation by helping to hire, coach and mentor others.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures with the worldwide AWS Solutions Architect community. You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelise and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps.
• Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and German.
• A passion for technology and for learning.
Travel in country : 20 to 40%
We offer flexibility in Work environment
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems – either on premises or in the cloud.
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures.
• Working knowledge of multiple technology domains, such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads ( VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role.
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.