Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking a high-judgement, self-motivated, and creative communications professional to join our corporate communications team in Japan. The candidate will support a core portion of Amazon’s corporate narrative, and drive cross-channel, proactive PR campaigns.
The candidate will be responsible for designing and executing proactive PR campaigns around some of Amazon’s key programs and topics – such as Customer Trust, Workplace Culture and Community Engagement, working with the respective internal teams to build those programs. To drive awareness for those campaigns, the candidate will work with members of the media as well as other external and internal audiences across all channels to proactively tell new and interesting stories as a company spokesperson. The candidate will help set up processes & mechanisms for close collaborations with communication/ business teams in Japan and global teams.
The candidate will have experience in managing complex narratives and is experienced in face-to-face/ digital storytelling across multiple audiences. The candidate is used to developing metrics to measure success and delivering measurable results.
The successful candidate will:
- Create and execute external communications strategies in partnership with cross functional teams and subject matter experts (including others on the PR team as well as external agencies);
- Design and execute yearlong campaigns about Amazon’s unique programs across a variety of audiences and channels.
- Develop, build, and maintain strong relationships with press contacts and other internal and external audiences.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior business leaders and business teams, including prepping them for media interviews and speaking opportunities.
- Manage cross channel communications by closely collaborating with internal communications and social media partners
- Identify and leverage data to support storytelling efforts build trust and strong relations with internal teams to mine for good stories.
- Draft written materials, including press releases, memos, pitches, statements, Q&As, and more.
- +7 years experience in Corporate Communications
- Excellent English and Japanese writing and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience executing highly successful, creative campaigns and events by utilizing paid/earned/owned channels
- Experience in managing agencies and budgets
- A network of media contacts and a desire to work with the media proactively.
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Self-driven and ability to be both strategic and execution oriented.
- Strong ownership and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, with commitment to delivering results.
- High judgment, particularly in narrow time frames.
- Successfully manages complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Collaborative team player with a willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the job’s scope.
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
The salary information will be provided individually prior to the 1st interview.