Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Multi-Site Loss Prevention Site Lead (MLPSL) is a key leadership position within the Amazon Loss Prevention Team. If you are curious and want to challenge your conventional view of an LP role in a very unconventional space, this role within Amazon will provide that challenge! The Multi-Site LPSL leads the effort to efficiently, and effectively, provide security services and asset protection (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, & intellectual property) in a designated area of responsibility. This role covers multiple sites (4-6) in a specific Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). This role allows you to work through root cause analysis, you have the ability to effect change in your area of responsibility and the network. It gives you the ability to challenge the status quo and say, “how can we do it better.” The Multi -Site LPSL delivers for their internal and external customers exceeding their expectations with new and innovated ideas. This leader fosters an environment of inclusion and diversity. The Multi-Site LPSL reports to the Regional Loss Prevention Manager responsible for their area, and aids them in supporting operational teams in addition to other cross-functional teams throughout the organization. Dependent on the role, this position may have direct reports.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Enhance, track, and report on metrics, which are key performance indicators, allowing performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner.
- Utilize continuous improvement to drive process enhancement and increase efficiency. Develop driven business cases using data collection, through database polling or data entry, from multiple DC; and conduct analysis generating strategic and tactical interpretations which receive the required approval, financial and technical resources, and the support of appropriate management to enact desired changes.
- Engage, coach, train, and influence business partners to be an extension of Loss Prevention by equipping them with knowledge to identify leading indicators of Loss Prevention risk and educate them on the appropriate escalation path. • Ensure that team members understand Amazon, Global Security Operations, and Loss Prevention vision and values, in order to align performance this is done with your internal and external partners.
- Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud, and conduct interviews when appropriate.
- Use tools, data analysis, and collaborate with internal partners to identify inventory defects and create strategic plans in an effort to mitigate losses.
- Inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members and third party vendors. Leading the way to ensure that MSA is followed and executed appropriately.
- You are the subject matter expert for all internal and external partners. Identify, promote and implement security best practices. Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives.
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain candidates who raise the performance bar of the security services organization when needed
- Posses the ability to move followers effectively into action, not with coercion but by eliciting their desire and conviction in the vision and values articulated by the organization, and can influence all internal and external stakeholders accordingly.
- Incident response planning, implementation, execution, and management.
- Effectively address loss mitigation, physical security considerations, potential and actual work place violence incidents per policy.
- Travel up to 50% of the time (local, regional, and domestic only).
- This role covers a 24/7 operation and you must be able to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays Work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary.
- Work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs. with our without reasonable accommodations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 + years relevant professional or military experience
- 2+ years of experience in law enforcement, loss prevention, risk management, supply chain management, or other related field
- 2+ years data collection experience with root cause analysis
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 1+ experience with MS Office Professional Suite, including intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification is a plus such as PMP
- Experience with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc.
- Experience with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, and video review system
- Experience with varies business types such as, logistics, warehouse, distribution center, multi-site loss management
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience beneficial such as Wicklander and Zulawski, LPQ, CPP, LPC, CFI or other certifications is a plus
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.