Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to make it easier for customers to interact with AWS support? Make the experience as enjoyable and easy if possible? If yes – then read on.
The Customer Experience (CX) team within the AWS Support organisation is hiring! We are looking for talented and highly motivated individuals who are passionate about driving business and customer impact through thoughtful analysis and data-driven insights. This role provides the opportunity to drive and support large and impactful programs that better the experience customers have when dealing with our organization.
AWS Support is a self-standing business (P&L) within AWS and continues to be one of AWS’s fastest and most innovative businesses. We build software and have engineers that help customers of all sizes, from various industries and across varied geographies – to successfully utilize the products and features provided by AWS.
The Customer Experience (CX) team focuses on improving the way customers experience support when they reach out for help. Programs are broad and highly cross-functional with each day bringing new challenges and new opportunities and we look for strong candidates who can drive structure in the face of ambiguity. In return we offer mentoring and coaching for a career development path and the opportunity to make a difference in one of the fastest growing business’ in the world.
To keep in line with our global functioning – this position can be based virtually anywhere in the world.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop domain expertise and drive major contributions to our data and research roadmap. Leverage SQL, ETL, Statistical and Visualization tools to uncover deep business insights, trends, and opportunities to innovate on behalf our customers
- Translate ambiguous business problem statements into actionable analytical solutions. Manage large scale data requests and projects to define requirements, manage timelines, and coordinate activities with other involved team members
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Communicate analysis results and techniques, both verbally and in writing, clearly and confidently to peers and business partners
A day in the life
- Prep as a key partner for the next ideation session taking place with key customers
- Work on draft design of new interface for experimental testing
- Look at the feature request queue, prioritise the requests based on largest Customer Experience (CX) impact and work on top 3 additions to the CX dashboard
- Have a 1:1 with the central BI team to continue collaboration on the overall CX scorecard
- Take 30min to coach an intern/upskill by starting a new certification course/talk to your amazon mentor
About the team
The CX Team has been created with the sole focus of innovating on behalf of our customers. Connecting the dots within the AWS support organisation and driving CX Conversations upstream to all of AWS. We are relentlessly working backwards and holding ourselves and our stakeholders accountable for always being customer obsessed. We work hard and have lots of fun doing it. The team is geographically distributed and works in flat hierarchies. We offer flexibility in working hours to ensure you find your own work-life harmony.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and solid years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience as an engineer in the data/BI space
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in data modeling, warehousing, and transformation of large scale sources using Redshift, Oracle, or other technologies
- Expertise in writing high quality SQL codes
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a related field
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges and Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
- Proficiency with at least one modern scripting language (e.g. Python)
- 3 years+ data visualization and dashboarding experience
- Basic proficiency with statistical modeling, research methods, and machine learning applications
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 130,305 – 176,295 yr.; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.