Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking a Manager Public Policy to be based in Amsterdam. Would you like to be part of a public policy team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the benefits of the cloud amongst both the public and commercial sector in the BENELUX?
Key job responsibilities
The successful candidate will build relationships with key policymakers, IT decision makers and other relevant organizations to help ensure that as national and regional policies evolve, organisations can continue to access the full benefits of cloud technologies. This position will also be involved in AWS’s participation in key business associations that are critical to advancing public policy relevant to the successful development of the cloud industry. You will become familiar with all aspects of AWS’s business, and interface directly with the business units in the BENELUX. You will be reporting into the senior manager public policy for the Benelux. This government affairs and policy position shall:
- Develop, lead and implement government affairs advocacy objectives and policy/political priorities for AWS in the BENELUX;
- Represent key positions directly and through industry associations to national governments in the BENELUX to enable a transparent and technology friendly regulatory environment to ensure the public and commercial sector can gain the full benefits of the cloud as part of their digital transformation strategies.
- Work collaboratively and transparently with the AWS public and commercial sector business units and other Amazon teams to ensure that AWS continues to help its customers meet and exceed national and EU regulations. Facilitate high-level meetings between AWS executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry association and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s commitment to public policies;
- Determine, maintain and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations on behalf of AWS. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. The responsibilities require that candidates be willing and able to make frequent trips across the BENELUX, and as needed, to Seattle and other locations.
- Strong knowledge of and background in advocacy and public policy development pertaining to information technology-related (IT) issues such as an “innovation agenda” and cloud computing related policies including IT procurement, national/local government IT and data management reform, IT government policies on infrastructure/applications, information security, privacy protection, liability limitation, Internet access, IT services, corporate compliance, requirements for critical services (such as utilities, finance and healthcare), export control and association leadership experience.
- Knowledge of U.S./European Union (EU) regulation frameworks and EU level policies related to telecommunications, IT and cloud computing issues is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in public policy or government relations with proven significant achievements and expertise. That experienced has been gained in Government, industry, trade association or consultancy, political organizations or think tanks, preferably in the Internet/Tech environment.
- Fluent Dutch is necessary, as well as fluency in English, in terms of both oral and written expression.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate, political and educational institution levels.
- Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in law but other relevant disciplines (Economics, Political Science) will also be considered. An advanced degree in Public Policy is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
-Operational proficiency in French would be an asset.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.