Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) QuickSight is looking to hire talented software development engineer to build world class experiences and services for our customers. AWS QuickSight is a fast, easy-to-use cloud-based, serverless Business Intelligence (BI) service designed for easy deployment to tens of thousands of users. As a fully-managed SaaS application, there’s no need to buy, manage and scale servers and no software to deploy and upgrade. QuickSight is deeply integrated with AWS data sources, allowing companies to deploy secure and scalable BI with their data on AWS.
As more data is being generated in the cloud and tens of thousands of customers migrating their on-premises data into the AWS cloud, Amazon QuickSight is positioned to change the business analytics. Regardless of whether the data is in Files (desktop or S3), SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MariaDB), AWS data stores (Athena, RDS, RedShift, Aurora), or SaaS business applications (Salesforce, Twitter, etc.), Amazon QuickSight makes it easy for our customers analyze and get insights instantly. Our mission is to devise new, innovative ways to simplify data management and analysis and get insights fast, and let our customers focus more on running their business using those insights, and not worry about infrastructure management.
In this role you will be spearheading various initiatives under QuickSight, especially in Data Preparation and Data Management areas. The ideal candidate will bring deep technical and leadership experience to drive innovative design and architecture decisions that impact long term vision. The decisions are crucial in how the customers around the world can make raw data from any source(s) ready for analysis in the easiest and fastest way.
You will have opportunities to work on ambiguous and complex problems, which have product wide impact. You will have opportunities to influence both the team’s technical and the product’s business strategies. You will have opportunities to do cross-team collaboration and influence the overall technical architecture of the product. You will have opportunities to come up with new ideas and strategies (bottom up projects), and influence both the product and management to get them prioritized and execute.
Key job responsibilities
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions by working with PM, UX designers, and customers.
- Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
- Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
- Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
- Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Candidates must have a strong computer science background. A Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Solid communication skills and ability to work well in a team are critical.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills.
- Masters in Computer Science a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.