Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
What should be our next billion dollar experiment?
As a Sr. SDE you will be designing, building and leading other engineers on cutting edge and highly distributed systems within Consumer Payments. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a paying customers experience for Amazon’s world-class ecommerce website.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering innovative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. As part of leading a team of experienced engineers, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on new challenges that will reshape the e-commerce industry.
We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high quality software.
The ideal candidate:
• Is enthusiastic about diving deep into complex problems and coming up with simple solutions
• Is a natural leader and a great team player – humble, hungry and has great interpersonal skills
• Passionate about Agile development and well experienced in delivering incrementally using Agile engineering practices
• Puts consistent focus on operational excellence and security
• Experienced with open source technologies, object-oriented design, high performance and scalability
• Is capable of clearly articulating complex technical ideas to the business
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Strong architectural skills and solid understanding of design concepts like Design Patterns, DDD, Microservices Architecture
• Demonstrated the ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of project
• Demonstrated the ability to develop business-critical software using modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java.
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (unit testing, TDD, BDD/ATDD, user stories).
• Experience and understanding of Scrum and Kanban.
• PhD is computer science or equivalent preferred
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Good understanding of software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, automated testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience of working in an Agile team, pair/mob programming, collaborating closely with peers on achieving the Sprint goal.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.