Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Prime serves 150+ million members over 23 countries and is at the heart of Amazon’s explosive growth. Prime members enjoy many benefits, including the best of shopping and entertainment experience. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more.
Are you passionate about building with high quality engineering in science domains (ML/Economics)? Do you want to work in a multi-disciplinary group of product managers, UX designers, ML scientists, economists, finance analysts, data engineers and software engineers to build interfaces to help Amazon make science-driven decisions on how to make the Amazon Prime membership better for our customers? If your answer is yes, come join us as we work on this unique intersection of science, engineering and business.
The ML & Econ engineering team within Prime is responsible for building a platform to accelerate the adoption and use of ML into applications that make our customers experiences more relevant, personalized and exciting globally. In addition to the improving our customers experience, we are also responsible for enabling our scientists to deploy models that influence huge one-way door decisions that our leaders make that have global impact.
As an experienced Front End Engineer, you will collaborate with product managers, UX designers, scientists and stakeholders to create innovative data-driven interfaces that provide strategic tools for business leadership across Prime. A successful candidate will have a passion for innovation and excellence, a constant desire to learn cutting-edge technology and science, and excitement about working in a multi-disciplinary environment in a high-impact business domain.
Key job responsibilities
You will be responsible for working alongside product managers, UX designers and software developers to outline the front end components and technology to power Prime scientific insights. You will take well designed user experiences into production interfaces with massive impact throughout Prime. You will outline technical designs, explore new front end technologies, implement them, co-ordinate with teams to enable, test and deploy, own and manage the solutions you design along with a team of software engineers.
About the team
We seek to create a global public utility that enables, accelerates, expands and supervises science into production systems for all decision making in Prime using state-of-the-art technology. We provide technical capabilities that facilitate fast and efficient use of science across all Prime decision points from Day 1 globally; from offline business investment decisions & strategic insights for leadership, to real-time use cases of identifying customers in cohorts of interest and recommending optimal experiences to customers.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional front-end development.
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for development.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3-5+ years of progressively responsible work experience
- Experience building complex data-driven front ends, including data visualization tools such as D3
- Experience with building reusable UX components or libraries.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with multiple stakeholders including product managers, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.