Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate user experience designer to join our growing design and research studio. This user experience designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the design direction of the future of all of Amazon’s AI/ML tools including large scope unreleased products.
Throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, the designer will work collaboratively with a strong design team, engineers, product managers and executives in a highly visible role interfacing directly with our customers.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience designing applied artificial intelligence or machine learning applications, and will have a portfolio of work that can highlight examples. Experience with big data and industries like insurance, healthcare, or pharmaceuticals are a plus.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you’ll review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment.
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations. Mentor and assist junior designers and interns.
Location Options: Santa Clara, CA
• 4+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
• 4+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and/or stakeholders.
• 4+ years of experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
• Experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity.
• Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.