Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you have proven record of building and managing large data sets in Redshift or in other big data technologies? Are you interested in working on AWS big data technologies? Are you interested to develop machine learning algorithms to identify anomalies in critical data feeds? Are you passionate about building tools to support the data engineering community?
The Consumer organization is seeking a talented Data engineer to join the Data Engineering team. The person in this position will play a key role in supporting the business decisions for Amazon’s global Consumer business. Our team processes terabytes of data to develop and maintain single source of truth datasets for the entire Consumer organization. We support a variety of datasets and reports used by Consumer leadership to drive the business. We build tools to identify and eliminate anomalies in the leadership reporting using machine learning algorithms. We build and maintain tools for the BI community to improve data accuracy and achieve operational excellence.
This role will focus on:
• Collaborating efforts with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
• Identify the bottlenecks in the existing data pipelines, propose and lead the efforts to optimize those pipelines.
• Estimate and build data infrastructure to host and process large datasets.
• Managing other AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, EMR, etc.
• Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
• Collaborate with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Collaborate with other tech teams to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
• Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience in Data engineering
- Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience in writing and tuning SQL in relational databases
- Data engineering or BI role with a financial institution or a technology company
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- 3+ years of experience in Data engineering / Data science or related field
- Experience with Redshift database and other AWS big data technologies like EMR etc.
- ETL development experience on large datasets (terabytes in size)
- Creating queries in hive, scala, presto or other big data platforms
- Working experience with Machine Learning algorithms is a plus
- Development experience in one of the programming languages (Java, Python, C++, etc.) is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.