Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you an experienced Content Developer or Technical Writer with a passion for customers? Do you have the drive to deliver multiple projects on time, every time, with deliverables that exceed audience expectations? Do you thrive in a fast-moving culture where customer obsession and the ability to think on your feet are highly valued?
Amazon revolutionized customer service, now we are changing what customers expect from technical support. We’re responsible for the Customer Service operations and solutions for all Amazon Devices and Digital properties, from Kindle, Fire TV and Echo, to Prime Video and Amazon Music. In this role you will scope, structure and develop internal and public facing content describing key features and functionality of multiple Amazon service offerings. Your content will viewed and referenced by millions of customers, accessible across a variety of platforms, and localized into multiple languages.
To excel in this position, you will be comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. You must be used to dealing with tight deadlines and internal stakeholders and have a proactive approach to problem solving. You will have experience digging into data to discover pain points and developing content strategy that solves those problems. And, most importantly, you have deep expertise in help content, including writing, production, and strategy, with an affinity for gaining exposure to new technologies and revolutionary consumer electronic devices.
Key job responsibilities
• Create concise and direct instructions for customers and customer support associates to solve problems
• Build and leverage strong relationships with multiple stakeholders to deliver complex, global projects
• Drive content projects for their entire lifecycle from planning through post-launch measurement
• Find and execute strategies to improve content quality, maintainability, and usability
• Identify, promote, and implement strategies to improve content development workflow and team efficiency
• Continuously interpret metrics to assess content and improve our customer experience
A day in the life
In any given day, you’ll be meeting with business stakeholders across Amazon to learn about new features, products, and services. You’ll balance a variety of product launch, content optimization and experimentation projects or review content viewership and performance metrics alongside customer contact trends to develop content plans, before leveraging your excellent authoring skills to create content drafts for stakeholder review. Once everyone is happy, you’ll “code” the content within our DITA based Content Management System (CMS), so that it can extend to global customers on multiple platforms and languages. When you get the “green light” to publish, you’ll launch that content globally, ensure there were no errors, and then set up plans to measure your content performance.
About the team
Our team supports Amazon devices, like Fire TV, and digital services, like Prime Video. We create support content that can scale to meet the growing menu of Amazon products, but still offers world-class support for our customers. We challenge our own assumptions and rely on data to understand what help customers and associates actually need. Our content team works closely internal program managers, localization managers, workflow authors, multi-media creators, and associate training designers. But we also interact with marketing teams, legal contacts, product managers, public relations, and many more.
• Working experience in writing skills and 5+ years of experience creating and editing task-based instructions with a portfolio to demonstrate it
• Experience managing global content projects with tight deadlines
• Experience with HTML and XML skills
• Experience with content management systems (DITA-based systems preferred)
• Experience creating content optimized for search (SEO) and for multiple channels
• Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop hypothesis
• Experience developing content for an international audience
• Knowledge of A/B testing and measuring content performance
• Working knowledge of Agile methodology
• Comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.