Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Employer: Amazon Development Center U.S., Inc.
Position: UX Designer II
Location: Seattle, WA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
2. Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
3. Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
4. Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
5. Quickly and thoroughly create work flows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives and features.
6. Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UIs.
7. Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, working closely with developers to see your design through to deployment.
8. Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
A Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Information Systems, Art, or related discipline followed by 1 year of experience in user experience design, product design, or information architect. In the alternative, a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Information Systems, Art, or related discipline followed by 5 years of progressively responsible experience in user experience design, product design, or information architect.
Experience must include:
(1)1 year of experience creating software design solutions and scalable dynamic user interfaces for large-scale, multi-tiered platforms using web design principles and technologies, including Wireframe Applications, Photoshop, Axure, HTML or prototyping tools.
(2) 1 year of experience collaborating with developers for implementation of designs.
(3) 1 year of experience in: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop or other prototyping software.
(4) 1 year of experience rationalizing designs across cross-functional groups
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.