Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
About the team
Fire TV System Engineering is part of Global team called MSQE (Middleware, System and Quality Engineering) that owns delivering the stable and high performing generic Fire TV systems to customers and product teams. Fire TV system engineering team partners early during the concept phase right after the PRFAQ (Press Release & FAQ) with the 1P and 3P product teams and support them through chip selection which is a key 1-way door decision and other critical platform level support. This team would assign system architect for every 1P product and for every 3P platform family who would drive best practices through the concept phase and to support the product team through the development. This team would provide support to engineering teams on Wi-Fi, Audio, Video, Power, Performance and other platform components to bring up new hardware or a derivative from an existing system.
The team is looking for an experienced and talented System engineer, for its system engineering group.
As a System Engineer in this team, you will be working with unique and gifted team developing exciting products for our end customers and collaborate with cross functional teams. In this role, you will be the key contributor to new Fire TV launch program, enable platform level components per product requirement, fine tune the platform in terms of memory, performance, power etc to provide best customer experience and support development team to address critical issues. The role is cross functional and required to work with high energy team of software engineers, program managers, QA and external stakeholders like SoC vendors (AML, MTK), 3P software package providers. If you are enthusiastic and want to thrive in a dynamic environment and take up new challenges, this would be the best fit for you!!
Key Job responsibilities
- Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging issues in a complex Android based operating system, Linux, wireless & networking environments.
- You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with your team and with other groups. You are able to translate detailed technical problems into communicable messages.
- You work with hardware and participate in reviewing schematics and providing input on hardware designs
- Work with System Architects, Principal Engineers on SoC selection to configure system specification per partner requirement.
- You work with other teams to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Responsible for developing runbooks, guardrails for system performance and provide input to develop automation tool.
- Identify avenues to automate repetitive work to reduce effort on platform bring up.
- Optimize the platform to improve the performance (UX), reduce memory and configure other parameters like ZRAM, CPU and its affiliated resources.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
- Master’s degree or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Software Engineer or Software Developer experience with machine learning and data mining.
- Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.