Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Sales Rep: Local Selling
Are you the right sales person to help build a major new Amazon business? Amazon Local Selling is a new selling model where local retailers can list and sell their selection on Amazon inside the local markets they serve. Launched in 2018, we are now expanding this business broadly, and it is dependent on innovation and scaling through this newly formed sales organization.
Imagine the opportunity to be part of an agile sales team that reaches a global audience, while supporting local businesses. Imagine working on a cutting-edge new sales team, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Imagine being able to leverage the resources of Amazon within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Local Selling, where everyone on our team has an impact on delivering a better experience to our Customers. It is still Day 1 for this exciting venture within the Amazon ecosystem of customer-centric products and we are quickly executing on the global opportunity to bring offline commerce to Amazon.com. At Amazon we work hard, have fun and make history.
Members of the Local Selling sales team are expected to meet or exceed their goals while focusing on the customer. Individual contributors on this team have a track record of success at driving top sales results, partnering cross-functionally, and thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our sales professionals operate successfully in an ambiguous environment and maintain a desire to share best practices to continuously evolve processes throughout our organization. Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as an ability to navigate CRM tools, are essential for success in our organization.
If you thrive solving hard, diverse problems in a start-up environment, this is the role for you!
• Cultivate relationships with local sellers/decision makers in your territory
• Create and maintain a robust sales pipeline
• Analyze sales/metrics data from your territory to help evolve your sales strategy
• Exceed sales targets and activity metrics
• Ensure that our sellers receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service
• Contribute to an exciting and evolving sales culture and influence product improvements
- 5+ year sales experience
- Proven track record of consistent territory growth and quota obtainment
- Proven track record of success in a high activity sales role
- Ability to conduct in-person and telephone meetings with sellers
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to adjust strategies in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with retail, e-commerce, and SMB level sellers
- Experience working with engineering and product teams to influence product improvements
- Experience driving results in cross-functional organizations
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and deadline-driven work environment
- Demonstrated passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Field sales experience
- Experience with sales CRM tools such as Salesforce
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.