Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you excited about the cloud computing industry and diving deep into its methodologies, planning and strategy? Are you motivated by driving critical processes and communicating recommendations to senior leadership? Do you have a passion for influencing business decisions and insights through the use of analytics, reporting, and data? The AWS Demand Planning team is looking for a talented Sr. Program Manager to support long-term hardware planning for AWS. In this role you will work closely with AWS forecasting, finance, service owners, and supply chain teams to own a regular process for long-term hardware planning and influence thoughtful analysis that will inform how we manage various global infrastructure plans of a fast-growing business. You will drive the creation and ongoing development of multiple models and processes that will inform explicit decisions on how we can best achieve our business objectives at the lowest possible cost.
The ideal candidate will have experience independently driving processes with many cross-functional partners and communicating executive-level recommendations on an ongoing basis. In addition, they will enjoy working in depth on data analysis, including experience extracting and manipulating data using SQL, leveraging advanced Excel features for data analysis, and producing actionable information for the business. The candidate should be able to wear multiple hats by being comfortable influencing a cross-functional team as well as enjoy connecting the dots between data and the ongoing strategy of the business. The candidate should also have strong communication and project management skills, enabling them to work independently with key stakeholders to understand systems and requirements and shape analytical deliverables. A strong sense of ownership, curiosity, bias for action, and scrappiness is a must.
• Manage long-term infrastructure hardware planning process
• Own documentation and review processes for various ongoing infrastructure planning programs
• Engage with cross-functional stakeholders to understand in-depth and improve existing models and processes
• Partner with AWS business partners to understand existing and future business strategy and how it impacts how we plan capacity
• Work with finance partners to drive cost optimizations
• Drive analysis that holds business partners (forecasting, service owners, operations, etc.) accountable for their inputs to deliver business results
• Own and deliver on ad-hoc business support projects
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Economics, or another quantitative field.
• 5+ years functionally managing cross-functional projects and/or programs
• 5+ years of experience in operations, finance, strategic planning, demand planning and/or supply chain management
• 5+ years of experience in data analysis and demand planning
• 3+ years of experience using SQL, data warehouse and excel modeling skills
• Troubleshoot and drive resolution for systemic issues that reduce the accuracy of system generated forecasts
• Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Analytical and quantitative skills that enable you to use data and models to make business recommendations.
• Ability and desire to work with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders
• Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy in a rapidly changing environment
• Track record of managing multiple deliverables from multiple partners to meet challenging deadlines
• Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.