Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Physical Stores Business Intelligence Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our team in Bangalore. Our ideal candidate is someone who is always learning and improving as the business grows and the relevant technologies continue to evolve. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to contribute directly to the success of an industry changing business, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
• Deliver on data architecture projects and implementation of next generation BI solutions.
• Manage AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
• Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
• Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Advanced SQL and Excel skills, familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques
• Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges; experience in the development of pricing analysis is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of data visualization and exploration tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
• Strong data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills
• The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
• Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
• Advanced degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability /Veteran