Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Open to locations in Charleston, S.C.; Seattle, Washington or San Francisco, CA
At Goodreads, our mission is to help people find and share books they love, and our customers are at the heart of what we do. We offer a team environment that thrives on innovation and excellence, and our staff is talented, energetic, and passionate about creating an exceptional customer experience. If you want to work for a team who delights customers, solves problems, and is at the forefront of innovation, this is the job for you!
Key job responsibilities
The Training Launch Content team (TLC) is seeking a Content Strategist with strong ownership who enjoys developing strategies and resources that improve the agent and customer experience at Goodreads. This role will own and drive the strategy for how and when to use customer-facing blurbs. The ideal candidate has experience digging into data to discover pain points and developing content strategies to resolve identified problems. This person must have deep expertise in content creation, and will deliver on complex projects on tight deadlines and work comfortably in an environment with competing priorities. Demonstration of using sound business judgment to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous situations is key. The role will support customer service and content risk management teams across a global network.
The Content Strategist will:
- Develop and drive email blurb strategy
- Collaborate with stakeholders to align and optimize customer-facing blurb to address performance gaps, contact reduction, and first contact resolution
- Develop and implement a knowledge center strategy
- Evangelize internal content writing standards that reflect the voice of Goodreads
- Define, manage, and communicate content effectiveness metrics
- Define customer and employee use cases and processes for new or changing products or business launches
- Advocate for the customer
About the team
Our mission is to help people discover books they love and get more out of reading. That includes our employees! We have book perks and book clubs to engage with each other. In addition to Amazon’s Leadership Principles, we also embrace unique Core Values such as Be Humble, Create Fun and Always Be Learning, Always Be Teaching, and Be Passionate. We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience managing content projects, including coordinating with other teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in Literature, Journalism, Technical Communications, Information Sciences, or related discipline
- 3 years of relevant content experience
- Experience with information architecture
- Experience defining and improving SOPs and customer-facing blurbs in a business environment
- Experience working with product and business stakeholders at various levels as part of a global team
- Demonstrated success at learning and explaining business processes
- Strong analytical skills to identify patterns, outliers, and opportunities
- Ability to analyze customer-related data and draw conclusions, leading to improvement initiative recommendations
- Experience with lean and/or Six Sigma tools or concepts
- Experience with a markup language, such as HTML and/or XML
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft systems including Word, SharePoint, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.