Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you customer obsessed, speak cloud, and want to help customers build at unbelievable scale? Come join a collaborative and talented team, dedicated to helping customers achieve new possibilities leveraging AWS. As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Principal Customer Solutions Manager you will work with the largest and most complex enterprises in the world, and enable their multi-year journey to the cloud. In this new, highly visible, role you will be ensuring that all AWS teams are working together effectively and efficiently to deliver outcomes for the customer.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
You will be a trusted advisor to our customers. You will leverage your program management, technical, organizational, and transformation expertise to understand your customer’s business and strategic goals, translate those goals into an executable plan, and drive that plan to successful outcomes. You will understand your customers’ biggest IT challenges, and provide prescriptive guidance, based on AWS best practices, navigating the customer through the operational, educational, and governance aspects of a successful AWS cloud journey.
You will take end-to-end ownership of a diverse range of projects and initiatives, interfacing and influencing amongst the other core account groups (Sales, Support, Solutions Architecture, and Professional Services), product/engineering teams, and customer teams. You will evangelize AWS services and influence customers to adopt the right solution at the right time. You should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions, driving innovation, and delivering successful migration programs.
You are encouraged to think big, invent and take ownership on customer challenges. You will not only bring the best of AWS/Amazon to our customers, you will proactively help solve the customer’s challenges through new ideas, tools and mechanisms.
In addition to your customer facing responsibilities, you will help shape the rapidly growing Customer Solutions Management function, where your passion to define and implement standard processes, methodologies, and tools will be highly valued.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be aware of details that matter, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and be exemplary communicators both at the executive and project team level. You will be a peer leader, have the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, and negotiate and lead virtual teams, regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries. Your enterprise cloud experience and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions, provide insight, and help drive secure and robust solutions.
- 15+ years leading complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering programs
- 10+ years in a senior customer facing role
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, math or equivalent experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information at the C-suite/VP level
- Experience working with current technologies (especially cloud)
- Self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, respond to customer needs quickly and effectively, and adaptive to change
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
- Demonstrated leadership through influence
- Business English language skills
- Direct experience in implementing AWS/cloud services
- Deep understanding of software development/engineering life-cycle from conception to delivery
- SCRUM/Agile, PMP, Prince2, PgMP, SAFe certified
- Ability to travel 25% to 35% as needed
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Robust understanding of key technology and market trends
- Prior experience working in a technology sales organization
- Direct experience leading large enterprise transformations with AWS/cloud services
- Working experience as a SCRUM master or leading a SAFe program
- AWS or other cloud certifications
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records