Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
Over 100 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items”.
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com’s most impactful program and are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you.
The Prime team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of the Prime team, you will work closely with the business team to design and implement new features, you will use a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Perl, and Linux to name a few and build highly scalable services in order to bring the Prime experience to a large variety of Amazon business.
About the team
Today, WW Prime is exposed to significant customer trust, brand reputation and financial risk due to bad actor fraud and abuse on the platform. The North Star of Prime Fraud and Abuse Management (PFAM) team is to have 100% of our member base be genuine customers. The PFAM is chartered to build a strategic and high impact product from scratch over the next 2 years. If you are looking for an opportunity to influence product design, roadmap, and delivery in a startup like environment then this position is for you.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience as an SDE
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.