Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been an aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything that they are looking for online at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the sites already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for its customers and for you! You’ll help Amazon create the Earth’s greatest shopping experience a store featuring more products and brands with the most compelling content compared to any other online or offline store. This is a great platform from which to launch a career with Amazon.
The Amazon Vendor Services (AVS) Catalog opening is designed to provide best-in-class, scalable solutions to help brand specialists and vendors add selection and improve the quality of their content and metadata (IDQ) on the Amazon websites. We are seeking a highly skilled and self-driven AVS Consultant to contribute to the smooth running of the EU program. The successful candidate will be a strong contributor to the overall vision of the AVS teams while meeting the needs of the business and protecting the integrity of the customer experience.
The scope and main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Facilitating relationships with retail team, understanding their goals, drivers and metrics.
• Diving deep into vendor issues, gathering, analysing and sharing data to help push data-driven business decisions.
• Participating in the coordination of new vendors’ onboarding, contributing to set expectations and facilitating discussion using a pre-set agenda.
• Acting as one point of contact and trainer for business partners both internal and external, you will identify issues and make sure that they are addressed, documented and resolved in a timely and professional manner.
• Proactively scoping, participating in and delivering small scale projects. You will define clear briefs and road maps, setting the expectations of stakeholders effectively.
• You will support projects with future EU roll out.
• Auditing and supporting quality/efficiency of service processes, analysing and fixing root cause.
• Serve as an innovative centre of excellence, working on catalogue pilots, testing new initiatives etc.
• Providing value-added recommendations to enhance systems and programs.
• Operating with considerable autonomy, frugality and discretion, working efficiently with good prioritization and judgment. You will help identify and evaluate potential risks and contribute to determine appropriate corrective action.
• Communicating and collaborating effectively with EU peers and management. Sharing knowledge with others (both verbally and in writing), within and outside your team.
• Responding promptly and accurately to questions from both customers and internal business partners, including leadership teams. Escalating issues promptly and appropriately when necessary.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in English and Italian;
• At last 4 years of experience in roles that involve direct interaction and communication with company’s stakeholders, problem solving and basic knowledge of business metric influencing
• You must be able to act with professional integrity, working positively, quickly and effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
• Confidence when handling simultaneous customer relationships; a strong service mindset and ability to use metrics to identify focus areas. You must be skilled at understanding and interpreting business objectives, considering the needs of both Amazon and external partners.
• Versatility, with an ability to think on your feet, make smart decisions, manage competing projects, meet deadlines and deliver high quality results under pressure.
• Excellent attention to detail with solid analytical skills to evaluate and resolve ambiguity with processes, including monitoring and improving performance against KPIs.
• You must display passion and initiative in solving problems (even when outside your remit), both re-actively and pro-actively. You must be able to propose creative solutions, taking ownership of issues through to resolution.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word) and Content Management Systems able to learn and use new tools and systems quickly.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent business school degree;
• A track record of catalog and/or project management experience;
• Knowledge of SQL, XML, HTML & VBA.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.