Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Help us shape the future of Alexa where it not only responds to requests you make but also proactively anticipates what you might need next, and informs you of it at the right moment and on the right channel. Our mission is to build a deep understanding of and optimize how customers learn about and interact with voice assistants, enabling them to get the most out of our products. Alexa uses multiple channels with several diverse voice and visual experiences across Amazon’s Echo products to communicate with customers. You are responsible for the channel integration framework that powers these diverse user experiences while ensuring high reliability, low latency and cost efficiency as we expand to new channels.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced, creative, and visionary Senior TPM to join our team. In this high profile role, you will help define and champion the vision for Alexa as it relates to building Proactive Experiences for our customers, identify and build new cross-organizational products that help Alexa move towards this vision, and then measure how effectively Alexa is tracking to it. You will collaborate with numerous product, design, user research, development, voice technology experts and other internal and executive teams to identify, define, and implement solutions to raise the bar on the Alexa customer experience, measured by an outsized impact on customers’ interest in and engagement with Alexa.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Ability to communicate, orally and in narrative, effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related technical field
- Master’s in Business Administration
- A working knowledge of current software development methodologies and technologies
- Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
- Strong business and technical vision
- Solid project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.