Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This role is within the Germany organization and you will be working with Enterprise Retail customers.
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. Solutions Architects are responsible for creating and presenting technical content and sharing best practices.
Solutions Architects are responsible for the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customers’ needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with AWS technology. Solutions Architects lead activities such as architecture reviews, whiteboarding sessions, demos and technical workshops. They collaborate with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases. The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will learn something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
- Run technical workshops and advise customers on architectural and strategic IT decisions
- Educate customers on best practices to ensure their solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Work with other AWS teams to drive adoption
- Capture and share knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community
- Develop technical content (such as blog-posts, white papers and reference architectures) to convey best practices using AWS
- Participate in evangelising AWS at events, user groups, and hackathons
- Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS
- Limited domestic travel (typically less than 30%)
The position is available in Berlin, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Cologne, and virtual location in Germany.
- Hands on experience in one of the fields: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
- Passion for technology and for learning
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems – either on premises or in the cloud
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- A Masters Degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or equivalent technical degree