Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Digital Goods (ADG) team is seeking an innovative Software Development Engineer for our expanding digital commerce business. Their focus will be on providing scalable, world-class services that power digital commerce for Kindle Tablets, Fire TV, Alexa, and more.
Our team is making “developing for Amazon” easy. Our platform creates a seamless unified experience for developers to submit digital content including Alexa skills, Apps for Amazon devices, In-app digital goods, games and plenty more. We are seeking a world-class developer who can think big and loves building cool stuff.
As a software development engineer, you’ll play a critical role in the future of how the development community interfaces with Amazon services across a huge array of devices and touch-points.
Individuals interested in this position will be building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. Your code will bring apps/skills/games to millions and millions of consumers. Are you ready?
Propose, design, and implement industry-leading solutions for services that will be utilized by millions of clients across numerous countries. Participate in and contribute to the planning process for new features and projects. Work with a team of truly innovative engineers and product managers to understand and refine the scope of incoming projects, and to ensure deliverables meet an unreasonably high quality bar. Build highly maintainable, easy-to-understand code for both web services and web applications.
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. We are located in Seattle, WA. relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Learn more about Amazon online at www.amazon.com/appstorejobs.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Key job responsibilities
SDEs at Amazon Digital Goods are expected to own services from design to implementation. You will work along side our senior engineers to create solutions that delight our tenants and scale to support the millions of customers who use FireTV, Alexa, and Twitch.
A day in the life
The ADG Concat team owns one of the largest multi-tenant digital product catalogs in Amazon. You’ll support existing and new tenants as they launch digital products world wide. Our tenants move fast and rely on us to expertly guide them from start to finish as they build out their digital e-commerce experience.
About the team
At ADG we support our SDEs on their career journeys with challenging projects and promote creative out of the box thinking. We foster team work, inclusivity, and a supportive culture that encourages SDEs at all levels to take risks and push the boundaries of what can be accomplished at Amazon.
• Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• 1+ years of experience in software development
• 1+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
• Ability to demonstrate proactive and continual improvement of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.