Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is looking for an iOS Software Engineer to join the Amazon Care team. We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a focus on delivering results.
As a Sr. iOS Software Engineer, you will be working with the team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborating with cross-functional teams. We are looking for an engineer with expertise in modern iOS application development and a passion for building pixel-perfect user experiences. An ideal candidate will lead new initiatives, and organize teams of other engineers to design and build new features that are built to delight customers and utilize iOS best practices. You are a role model with respect to iOS best practices and delivering the highest quality experiences. You review the work of other engineers to ensure the team maintains the highest possible quality bar. You anticipate obstacles and work around corners to prevent future issues from impacting the team. You propose and build prototypes to explore options and drive to the best solution with a close design, product, and engineering partnership.
- Partner with engineers, designers and product teams in order to design and build new features.
- Design new secure, and reliable features that drive real-time data, video, and audio solutions.
- Utilize modern iOS development design patterns.
- Code defensively against a large variety of operating systems and devices.
- Build pixel-perfect user experiences.
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire iOS team for development.
- Engage with the iOS development community across Amazon and Seattle to share learnings and grow.
- Partner with Amazon Care Android engineers to drive team-wide process improvements
- Mentor and grow team members through knowledge sharing sessions and by leading design reviews.
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign opportunities based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded contributor.
About the team
The Amazon Care Mobile team is passionate about creating high-quality, friction-free experiences for our patients. We are owners for the features we build, and participate early to influence experience design with customer- and mobile-centric perspectives.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• Bachelors or advanced degree in a relevant field
• Experience in Swift, and/or Objective-C
• Proficiency with architecture of mobile applications
• A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
• Firm understanding of software development principles
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $140k – $160k/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.