Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Can you write copy that crisply conveys business-value propositions? Do you enjoy polishing prose? Do you have a passion for helping organizations understand how complex technologies can impact them? The AWS Product Marketing Team is looking for a talented, dynamic, self-directed writer to help us create stories about how cloud technology is changing the world. The AWS Product Marketing Team is responsible for developing differentiated, compelling positioning and messaging for AWS and its services. We tell the most important and interesting AWS stories to educate customers about what is possible when you build on AWS.
The ideal candidate is an excellent writer and creative thinker with a passion for technology. You are someone who can deliver topnotch written material and create standard-setting content that will advance the thought leadership position of AWS worldwide. You must have meticulous attention to detail, demonstrate a collaborative working style, and relish the numerous and nitty-gritty revision cycles of executive-level copy craft. Be ready to show us that you can absorb a highly technical topic quickly and distill it into compelling ideas that appeal to different audiences. Also be prepared to demonstrate your ability to edit the writing of others and raise the bar on the quality and impact of key content.
Strong preference for this position to be in Seattle WA or San Francisco/ Bay Area CA, but open to near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations (
SEA or SFO).
Key job responsibilities
- Research and write stories that demonstrate the benefits of cloud technology
- Translate technical concepts into prose that will engage readers
- Understand our various audiences and tune content to their needs and perspectives
- Become fluent in AWS’s communication style, tone, and voice
- Influence and maintain global, organization-wide consistency for written communications
- Serve as a bar raiser and coach for writing quality in marketing (reviewing, editing, and quality checking)
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
- 7+ years experience in fields such as journalism, technical marketing, public relations, technical writing, developer marketing, speechwriting, or consulting
- 7+ years experience researching, writing, and/or editing
- 7+ years in a writing-focused role (50 percent or more of working hours are spent researching, writing, editing, and story crafting)
- Demonstrated history of crafting compelling positioning and marketing content, particularly longform (700+ words) Writing samples will be requested from each applicant.
- Experience formulating a clear point of view on complicated issues and creating a concise and well-written narrative to express it
- Experience managing complex, high profile writing projects
- Experience editing and providing constructive feedback to peers and leaders on their content
- Track record of coaching leaders and their teams to improve writing and messaging skills
- Experience tuning and testing content for specific audiences
- Degree in PR, communications, journalism, or related field of study
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base salary only pay range for this position in Colorado is $142,800 – 193,200(yr); however, base salary pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The base salary pay range for this position in New York City is $157,100 – 212,600(yr); however, base salary pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.