Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Discovery Tech team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to technically lead a development team and own System Design&Architecture efforts for the team.
Join us and you’ll help millions of customers to discover the hottest and best-of-breed products from a multi billion catalog!
We believe in regular feature develop and frequent experimentation, allowing us to continuously improve the customer experience. You will have the opportunity to explore the many channels Amazon provides for customer outreach and engagement, both onsite and offsite. As a new team, we carry little tech debt. We prioritize writing high quality and maintainable code, and build systems that leverage existing tools to provide extensive test coverage across our services. The team provides a great opportunity to make an outsized impact in a burgeoning space and on fresh or even yet to be built services. There are few opportunities anywhere to start on a new team and make an immediate impact at this scale. Come with us and let’s find the best future, together.
Key job responsibilities
As a member of our software engineering team you can expect to:
• Solve problems which require novel solutions in low-latency systems
• Solve problems that center around scale, across all realms, over hundreds of millions of customers
• Write high quality, maintainable code
• Perform peer code-reviews and contribute to technical designs
• Integrate and collaborate with applied science experts specialized in machine learning recommendation models
• Think outside the box when it comes to innovating for the customer. Our team is looking for fresh ideas to engage with customers across both internal and external mediums
• Learn and grow from a talented group of individuals within our team and within our sister teams
• Mentor new members as we continue to add to our footprint and scope
About the team
Discovery Tech is a new initiative to build state of the art shopping experience on Amazon. Given the massive scale of products on Amazon, we are looking to build intelligent and creative solutions that include Machine Learning models, carefully curated data sets, services that are simple yet powerful and customer experience that is purely a delight across the world.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field
• 10+ years of industry experience in software engineering
• Knowledgeable in scalable distributed systems and Big Data platforms
• Fluent in a modern language like Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecture, OO design)
• Experience in leading large-scale, data-driven optimization systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to solve problems under ambiguous situations
• Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields
• Knowledge of big data system architecture & administration
• Knowledge in machine learning, natural language processing, data mining, or information extraction
• Experience with developing large-scale website platforms or web applications
• Proficiency with Service Oriented architectures, microservices and event driven systems.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.